Agent for the Elderly
Su Conner, Agent for the Elderly
Phone: (860) 974-1705
Function and Services
As the Agent for the Elderly I am here to help Woodstock residents age 60 and over find the programs and services they need. Please call me if you or a loved one need assistance or have questions.
Information relevant to the COVID-19 outbreak:
- TEEG will have a mobile food truck at the Woodstock Town Hall on April 21st. Times and more info to follow. Call TEEG at 860-923-3458 to register for this service.
- Dial a Ride - For a ride related to "health and well-being", call Northeastern Connecticut Transit District at 860-779-3902. No application is necessary. Due to COVID-19, no rides other than medical needs are being offered.
- Essential Shopping - Many grocery stores now have special early morning shopping hours for people over 60 to shop in a less crowded environment. Call ahead to ask if this is an option.
- Local Food - Woodstock has a number of farms and food producers who are offering drive-up shopping.
- Woodstock Creamery: dairy & meat, 860-630-5139
- Farm to Table Market: dairy & meat, 860-933-9594
- Buell's Orchard: apples & dairy products, 860-974-1150
- Woodstock Orchards: limited walk in service, 860-928-2225
- Soleil & Suns Bakery: limited walk in service, 860-928-4977
- Check-in - If you would be comforted by a friendly check-in phone call once a day from me or a volunteer, call to be on my list.
- Here to Help You - If you need help getting the food or supplies you need to stay safe and at home, please call me.
- Community Kitchens is serving a free hot meal, as a drive-through, each Monday from 11:30 to 12:30 at the First Congregational Church of Woodstock, 543 Route 169.
What We Do:
The Municipal Agent for the Elderly seeks to:
- Assist and act on the needs of elderly persons and their families
- Support seniors while respecting their privacy
- Act on their behalf by initiating activities, programs, and services
- Contact local, state, and federal representatives to support and monitor appropriate legislation that promote the well being of these individuals
- Post important information on the senior bulletin board (lower level Town Hall)
- Dial A Ride
- Senior activities
- Trips, meetings, speakers
- Referrals to TEEG for various assistance programs
- Flu shot and free blood pressure clinic
- Discussion on any new regulations and laws that affect seniors.
- Click here for Community Senior Center Activity and Meal Calendars
- Click here for Homemaker Companion Agencies: A guide for Consumers
Contact us if you need help on:
Services offered at the Town Hall include:
- Free use of equipment: wheelchair, walkers, exercise bike, etc.
- Free lending library (All Libraries are closed until further notice).
- Nursing home and shut-in visitations
- Approximately three times a year - Haven Health Care, Westview Nursing & Rehab, Webster Manor, Matulaitis Nursing Home, Villa Maria (Plainfield), Christopher Heights, Creamery Brook, and Meals On Wheels recipients are visited. The Agent for the Elderly, Recreation Department, and First Selectman's office collaborate on the Annual Giving Tree to benefit Woodstock Seniors and Veterans in need each December.
Please see the First Selectman's office for immediate assistance and referrals.