Agent for the Elderly
Connie Maynard, Agent for the Elderly
Phone: (860) 928-0208 x304. Also can be reached at home at (860) 974-2685
Fax: (860) 963-7557
Function and Services
What We Do:
The Municipal Agent for the Elderly seeks to:
- Assist and act on the needs of elderly persons and their families
- Support seniors while respecting their privacy
- Act on their behalf by initiating activities, programs, and services
- Contact local, state, and federal representatives to support and monitor appropriate legislation that promote the well being of these individuals
- Post important information on the senior bulletin board (lower level Town Hall)
- Dial A Ride
- Senior activities
- Trips, meetings, speakers
- Referrals to TEEG for various assistance programs
- Flu shot and free blood pressure clinic
- Discussion on any new regulations and laws that affect seniors.
- Click here for Community Senior Center Activity and Meal Calendars
- Click here for Homemaker Companion Agencies: A guide for Consumers
Contact us if you need help on:
Services offered at the Town Hall include:
- Free use of equipment: wheelchair, walkers, exercise bike, etc.
- Free lending library
- Nursing home and shut-in visitations
- Approximately three times a year - Haven Health Care, Westview Nursing & Rehab, Webster Manor, Matulaitis Nursing Home, Villa Maria (Plainfield), Christopher Heights, Creamery Brook, and Meals On Wheels recipients are visited. Each identified senior receives a plant from the Town of Woodstock, a card, and small gift created by the Woodstock Seniors’ Arts and Crafts Group. Family and volunteers from the Seniors’ Club visit and deliver the plants and a small gift. In the year 2006, 105 senior citizens were visited at Christmas time - 50 senior citizens were visited at Thanksgiving and 40 were visited in the Spring.
The Municipal Agent for the Elderly is available every Wednesday 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at the Town Hall, lower level Meeting Room D.